Monday, February 23, 2009

Sightseeing in Bangalore

On Monday, February 23, Jae, Joanie, Mike, Adrienne and I toured Bangalore with my host, "Hari" Iyer. We teammates hiked up a hill to visit a huge Krishna temple.
Bummer that cameras aren't allowed inside!


Here you see women selling flower garlands at a Shiva temple. Yesterday was a huge Shiva god holiday so many people visited temples!

We also walked inside the Bull temple and saw this huge, stone bull idol. Wow - that's just all I can say. Wow.















For lunch, I ordered the "special" with rice, puffed bread, and various sides dishes. A doughnut hole in a sugar water finished off my meal.

6 comments:

  1. I love the photo of this meal! Post more food photos!!! chodai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture too, thank you :)
    We will have indian cuisine at home this week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the post! Get the Best Online Bus Ticket Reservation Services in all over India in one step with Ticketgoose. TicketGoose is not only providing the Online Ticket Booking Services, it is providing services like what are the places to visit in each and every state. We had Travel agents to contact in each area for all states.
    Online Bus Ticket

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hii...Nice One. I liked it very much and felt beneficial for all..I am panning to visit br hills resort and also bandipur resorts this weekend with my family. because their facilites,sevices offered at low cost,Wildlife Safari really really awesome..

    ReplyDelete