Monday, February 23, 2009

Sightseeing in Bangalore

On Monday, February 23, Jae, Joanie, Mike, Adrienne and I toured Bangalore with my host, "Hari" Iyer. We teammates hiked up a hill to visit a huge Krishna temple.
Bummer that cameras aren't allowed inside!


Here you see women selling flower garlands at a Shiva temple. Yesterday was a huge Shiva god holiday so many people visited temples!

We also walked inside the Bull temple and saw this huge, stone bull idol. Wow - that's just all I can say. Wow.















For lunch, I ordered the "special" with rice, puffed bread, and various sides dishes. A doughnut hole in a sugar water finished off my meal.

4 comments:

  1. I love the photo of this meal! Post more food photos!!! chodai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture too, thank you :)
    We will have indian cuisine at home this week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete